Thursday, February 24, 2011

Greece! What a winner! :)

Greece... Hmmmm right off the bat I don't know much about Greece, other than that is where the first Olympic games were invented/held.
Country: Greece, of course
Capital: Athens (also largest city)
Population: 11,305,118 (2010 estimate)
Language: Mainly Greek
Area: 131,990 km2
Currency: the Euro
Flag:
Continent: Europe
Guess what? ... I found out in Greece, they drive on the RIGHT side of the road!
Geography: 80% is mountains and hills, making it the most mountainous in all Europe. Have you heard of Mount Olympus? But don't forget they have lots of coastline as well. Here is Greece on the map!

My opinion: Greece is the "father" of many things (Olympics, education, and many other things.) My wonderful cousin's brother went to Greece I assume he had an awesome time! :) But in my opinion Greek mythology is creepy and unrealistic. Sorry for being so blunt. Overall I think Greece is a very sophisticated country, and I would LOVE to visit sometime! :D If you would like to comment and add another detail about this country please share with us all.

~Dewshine

2 comments:

  1. I think greek Mythology is rather cool actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but it CAN be creepy in my opinion... HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete